International Women’s Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
On International Women’s Day, the Rotary Club of North Hobart event honours:
- Jennifer Jones, who has been chosen as President of Rotary International 2022–23, the first woman to hold this
- Jessie Harman, Director Elect on the Board of Rotary International, the first woman to represent Zone
- Heather Chong, our District Governor Elect for District
In 2021, our club’s 60th anniversary and the centenary of Rotary in Australia, we celebrate the evolution of Rotary to the inclusive organisation it now is.
Individually, we are all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day. Together, we can create a fair and inclusive world.
Our IWD reception brings together stimulating speakers who remind us that Rotary opens opportunities. These exceptional women leaders inspire us to unite people, take action and challenge current practices.
Please join us to welcome:
- The Honourable Sue Hickey MP, Speaker of the House of Assembly, Liberal Member for
- Dr Jessie Harman, Rotary International Director 2021–23.
- Shirley Thorne, who was awarded the Rotary International Award for Excellence in Service to Humanity in
- Commander Joanne Stolp of Tasmania
District Governor Michael Plunkett and Past Assistant Governor Gayle Plunkett will take part and Past District Governors Una Hobday and Muriel Heron will be present.
Our MC for the evening will be Margot Kelly, journalist on ABC Landline.